Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Why do people in marriage/relationships have this type of mentality?

They live by ';if you can pull your own weight then bye';


If relationships are like this this day and age then I want no part of a relationship....


I know of a person that is like this but they got humbled when they fell on hard times and could no longer beat their chest....


Hopefully she learned a valuable lesson....Why do people in marriage/relationships have this type of mentality?
My hubby and i married with both of us working. We had a child and I no longer worked. We have just enough money and I am looking for a job. He is also willing to loose sleep over my job hunt, he works nights. I have been on harder times with him. Never have I lost his love. When people fight over sh*t, they either forgive and forget, or they hold a resentment forever. We always forgive and forget!Why do people in marriage/relationships have this type of mentality?
If people don't discuss finances, who is going to work, or if both people are, before marriage, then they could be setting themselves up for a big let down.





Getting married is a huge life change, and if people don't discuss the future, and voice expectations, then they are getting into something wearing blinders. Whose fault is that?





We also have to realize that things happen in life. People get laid off, people might get sick, or god forbid in an accident and be laid up for a while.... so i guess this is what the ';for better or WORSE'; phrase in the marriage vows is talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment