Saturday, August 21, 2010

Do people with bipolar disease tend to have multiple sexual relationships?

Yes we do, especially in times of hypomania or mania. When in hypomania bipolar people feel happy, self confident, full of energy and really really friendly. Hence, it is much easier to meet people, by being so positive you also attract people to you - so it kind of fits. But when hypo mania goes to mania, you stop being much fun and you just start bothering people and a lot of the times that is when the relationships end or they end when the hype is gone and when you realize that you have nothing in common with that person although couple of months back he/she seemed so perfect for you (you brain had played tricks on your perception)!





Also - it is very important to note that bipolar people when manic or hypo manic feel very sexual and open to casual sex relationships and the sad part is that most bipolar people are not promiscuous by nature - it is the chemical imbalance that makes them that way. I know a lot of bipolar people that would rather forget their sexual endeavors during their manic episodes!Do people with bipolar disease tend to have multiple sexual relationships?
Sometimes... Sometimes not...





Do people WITHOUT bipolar disease tend to have multiple sexual relationships?... Sometimes... Sometimes not...





See, here is how it is with me. My boyfriend knows I'm bipolar but he is still in the process of understanding what that means. We were talking and the nympho comment came up. He looked me in the eye, shook his head but then accepted my tag of myself with a casual ease.





But I went on to explain further to him. That part of me surfaces sometimes when I'm heading manic. Luckily (and I saw the light go on in his head as I continued)... And I do mean LUCKILY... I am nympho only with my mate. I don't go out and start bedding every man in sight. My mate just ends up being very tired.





So, some people that are bipolar find that they have a very low resistance and a high impulse level during a manic state and do end up having multiple sexual relationships.





But not ALL of us are that way.





But one more comment... Most of the relationships that I have gotten into occurred while I was hypo-manic. I was more impulsive and much less discriminating.





The total number of my sex partners would be extremely small if I hadn't been in that frame of mind. As it is, the number is not outrageous but nothing for me to be proud of.





Lots of poor relationship choices is an earmark of a Bipolar.Do people with bipolar disease tend to have multiple sexual relationships?
yes definately are promiscous and have many sexual liasons
Yes!!
I think so... i know i do

No comments:

Post a Comment