Friday, July 30, 2010

With regard to relationships: Do you spend more time thinking about deal breakers or deal makers?

For instance, it seems pretty popular to state ';If he/she cheats/gains weight/etc etc etc, then it's over!';





Yet, it seems much less popular to say, ';if he/she is there for me during a rough time, cares for me, etc etc etc, then I'll spend the rest of my life with them';





Why is that?





Fleeting thoughts, just looking for input lolWith regard to relationships: Do you spend more time thinking about deal breakers or deal makers?
Also very happy in my marriage and don't think about either of these. However, I think the logic behind it would be pretty simple: One deal break obviously breaks the deal, but why would there be just one deal maker? From your example, if you just chose ';he is there for me during a rough time'; he could otherwise be a jerk, you could be completely not attracted to him physically, he could be a lazy bum, he could not ever want children when you do. Why would you be with this person just because they have one trait you are looking for? Though I don't believe gaining weight is a good ';deal breaker'; term, I can understand cheating. For some people, being cheated on means they will never be able to trust that person again and what is a relationship without trust?With regard to relationships: Do you spend more time thinking about deal breakers or deal makers?
I think some people have negative attitudes and look for reasons to not be happy. That's what that deal maker/deal breaker stuff seems to be about.





It's like they expect perfection in the other person, but want everyone to accept THEM just the way they are. Not fair.
Yeah, good question, I think if you are in a relationship then you help each other, otherwise what is the point.
Deal breakers:


If she beats me like Christie, if she collects debt like Tracy...





I have been burned
Deal makers, I guess. At this point, I don't want it to be over, possibly ever.
I don't think about either. I am happily married and intend to be that way for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment