Friday, July 30, 2010

What do you dislike most about love and relationships?

they try to be like the third parent


always telling you r what you can and cant do


always calling you to check up on you


always trying to control you


always stressful


always on your case and dont give you spaceWhat do you dislike most about love and relationships?
Love-- I don't know what love is or what it means. I have felt adoration, affection, lust and infatuation, but I don't know about ';love';. It seems like a silly word/concept to me most of the time. It suggests self-sacrifice and martyrdom, that you're willing to give up X and Y for this person, that you're willing to fight for them, kill for them, die for them. I have problems trusting people so I don't know how I could feel that kind of ';love'; (loyalty) to someone unless I knew for sure that they would never betray me. I could imagine being a very fierce mother, like a mother bear mauling anyone who threatens her cubs. One of the things I want to experience most in life is a mother's love.





What I dislike most about relationships-- When they end and we just keep hanging on because we are used to smelling each other's body smells and pheromones. I think a large part of human relationships has to do with just having a warm body next to you, simple companionship. I still don't know if some people just feel completely passionate for each other forever, or if they force themselves to stay together even when they are tired of smelling each others smells and pheromones. I think growing old is both sweet and sad, sometimes funny. It would suck to grow old alone, I think that's why most people seek permanent fixtures of companionship, like marriage and family. Even people who say they don't eventually do when they get old enough to understand their mortality.





I have problems with the word ';love'; and ';forever';.What do you dislike most about love and relationships?
Not having my own space/being an independant person. Living with someone takes some getting used to - like Mabel said, suddenly you don't make dates with your partner, you make times that you DON'T spend with your partner.





And like Gazz said when they end :-( Constantly worrying about the other person or dealing with rejection if it's not mutual.
Not much. I haven't ended any relationships on bad terms with the other person, and the one I'm in now is going very well in all manageable aspects (there's a distance issue that keeps cropping up as we're both involved with academia which tends to send us all over the country, so neither of us is jumping to ascribe any permanence to the relationship yet).





But then, I'm not one to hastily dive into a relationship, so I don't usually end up in rotten situations with bad eggs. ';Love at first sight'; isn't as romantic a notion when you start discovering that there's more to a relationship than sight, and that picking personalities at random is a really bad way to try to find a potential partner in a healthy relationship.





I think there's a lot to be said for taking it slow, in terms of avoiding bad relationships. You end up a lot less bitter that way.
If i was forced to pick one, it would be my loss of freedom. By that, i just mean trivial things like i cant stay out all night without being missed (i live with my partner now, whereas i have lived alone for 8 years previously), i cant go out straight from work without letting him know (it would be thoughtless and bad mannered of me if i didnt). But like ive said, its only a small thing, and it would only be if i was forced to pick something i didnt like, because the things i DO like about being in a relationship and having someone love me, more than makes up for that!
The risk that your own feelings might not be returned. Not everyone is able to love you more than they love themselves. Need for constant work to keep your relationship healthy and happy. Complete loss of personal space and me - time.





Wow. I never thought I will be able to list them all, because I have been happily married for almost 19 years now. It really is not that bad, because you get to share your victories and failures in life with your very best friend and lover. Sounds good to me, even if it takes some work. Smile.
How much it hurts when yo fight.


How much work it takes to keep a relationship alive.
I don't like feeling like half of an old married couple, which tends to happen after I've been with someone for a while. And the monotony of having to wake up next to the same person day after day after day.


There's not much I do like about relationships to be honest and prefer to keep things casual. I'm sure I'll change my mind eventually but right now I'm young and have plenty of time...
Disagreements and stubbornness. Especially when one of you is being stubborn and not listening or refusing to compromise.
Guys in my personal space or making assumptions or being sexist.


I'm not a possession, gosh.


But not all guys are like that. So I'll have to think of something else...
Being hurt when it goes wrong at points, or fails over all. There's nothing worse for me or nothing that affects me more deeply than problems with those I love.
Games and dishonestly.





It cheapens the whole thing and makes SEX and short-term flings look a lot better than commitment at the end.





And it IS... usually.
The potential for extreme heartbreak. The thought of anything happening to my husband just kills me. Ditto with my kids. It was hard enough losing our baby at birth. We hadn't really gotten to know her yet - it would be that much worse losing a child who has been part of our family for years and who we know and love so well.





That's the one thing I dislike about loving people. It leaves you vulnerable to so much heartache. But I think the benefit is worth the risk!
I hate the fact that people (ie the women in my life) always want to chain a relationship down in the false belief that it can be ';preserved'; in some way or the other (which usually just serves to shorten it even more). Love doesn't die (for me, at least, it never has), but relationships do, unfortunately.
having my heart broken into pieces, getting upset and being lied to by the man i love hurts a lot, its really hard.
I hate the fact it's so commercial.
The fact that the majority of people seem to think everyone needs one or both of them in order to be happy. Blah! I'm just fine on my own thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment